The Senior Actuarial Consultant must provide actuarial advisory services required for the successful implementation of initiatives. He/she will provide actuarial advice and recommendations, and management and technical analysis.
• Performs complex actuarial related analysis that may have a significant impact, providing a thorough understanding of the results (clear and reliable conclusions, tendencies and variance analysis)
• Provides actuarial advice and recommendations
• Supervises the completion of actuarial work and ensures/analyzes reasonableness and accuracy of completed work
• Participates in special projects as an expert advisor. May lead projects.
• Has (or will develop rapidly) a thorough understanding of the Company, its products and its markets
• Recommends, develops and approves practices and controls that increase process efficiency and quality of information
• Acts as a coach and as a reference for less experienced employees
• Participates occasionally in industry committees and is committed to professional development
• Identifies, implements and maintains controls to mitigate financial and operational risks
• Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies
• University degree in actuarial studies, mathematics or related fields.
• Six (6) years of relevant experience.
• FSA designation (or near completion).
• Knowledge of solvency II is an asset.
• Bilingual, French and English, written and spoken.